The Blossburg Memorial Library hosts a number of programs, activities and special events throughout the year – call us or check our Facebook page for updates and current dates. All of our programs are free and open to the public, thanks to generous support from the Friends of the Blossburg Memorial Library and many other community organizations.
The Blossburg Memorial Library Book Club meets the last Tuesday of each month in the community room at 6:00 PM.
No commitment is necessary – just come if you can.
The books are provided by loan from the Potter-Tioga Library System. All adults are welcome. For more information, contact the library at 638-2197 or send us a message.
We host various speakers, seminars and workshops throughout the year with topics that include health, writing, poetry and nature. Please follow us on Facebook to stay current. If you have a program that you are interested in presenting to our community, please contact us through the website or on Facebook.
Regularly Scheduled Adult Programs:
- We host three sessions of Senior Yoga each year on Tuesday mornings at 9am in our Community Room. Contact us for specific dates.
- We hold Book Club on the last Tuesday of each month at 6pm in the Community Room. No commitment is necessary – just come if you can, even if you haven’t read or finished the book. And feel free to bring a friend! The books are provided by loan from the Potter-Tioga Library System. Open to everybody.
- Stop by to join us for Mahjong on Wednesdays at 12:30pm in the Community Room. Beginners welcome!
We host many programs, events and activities throughout the year for children. While most of our programming for children is held during the summer months, we do host some at other times of the year. Please follow us on Facebook to stay current. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us through the website or on Facebook.
Regularly Scheduled Children’s Programs:
- Pre-school Story Hour: we host two 8-week sessions, in the spring and fall, on Tuesdays at 11am. Held upstairs in the library (doors open at 10:45am). Children and their caregivers are engaged with stories and fun activities. Contact us for specific dates.
- SummerQuest (Summer Learning Program) is held for 6 weeks in June and July on Tuesdays at 11am. Children ages 4-12 are engaged in a variety of fun and educational activities, centered around a specific theme each summer. Prizes and snacks included!
- Each summer we will also host a variety of other free, fun and educational programs for children centered around our summer theme. Programs include music programs, Art and Yoga Camp, concerts, nature programs, and more! Be sure to contact us or check our Facebook page for updates! Some programs require pre-registration and may have space limitations so be sure to contact us early about signing your child up.
- CATCH (Community and Teens Combining Hearts) is a group of teens and tweens affiliated with the Blossburg Memorial library with a goal of bringing people together of all ages. They meet in the Community Room to work on community service projects for the betterment of Blossburg, and to build leadership skills. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of each month at 6pm. Other dates each month are added as needed, depending what projects the group members are working on. Contact us to learn more or to find out about what projects and events they are involved in
- Teens and Tweens enjoy time at the library after school. Passive programming options are provided: games, puzzles, coloring, toys, snacks, computers. Spend time with your friends at the library! Please note that unsupervised children at the library must be at least 10 years old and must follow all library rules listed in our Patron Code of Conduct.
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to anybody wishing to give back to the community. Stop by or call to learn how you can help or how to become a Friend of the Library. There are so many opportunities to help! We also accept book donations year-round for the Friends of the Library Annual Book Sale (held in October).